- Core the apples and cut them into slices. Place in bowl.
- Add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, some squeezes of lemon juice, 4 tbs of sugar, and a teensy pinch of salt.
- Toss it all together and let it sit on the table for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (do this 30 minutes before you put the galette into the oven).
- Roll out your pie dough (if homemade, let it sit in fridge for 20 mins) and lay it on a parchment papered pan.
- Separate the apple slices from their juice. Keep the juice! You’ll be needing it.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the dough with 2 tbs of sugar. Leave a 2 inch border.
- Put the apple slices on and fold the dough over.
- Brush or drizzle 1 tbs of melted butter onto dough and sprinkle the apples with the melted butter.
- Put the galette into the oven for 20-25 minutes. Towards the bottom of the oven.
- When the galette picks up some color put the juice from the apples in a pan on high heat and boil down until syrupy.
- Then, add 1 tbs of maple syrup and mix until melted together.
- Get galette out and drizzle it with the glaze you just made.
- Put the galette back in the oven (towards the top) for 20-30 mins, or until browned.
Bon appétit! Served best with ice cream 🙂
❤ Maria Magdeline